ASTM D3014 Vertical Flammability Testing Equipment / Test Chamber
For Rigid Foam Plastics
This equipment is suitable for evaluating the vertical combustion
performance of rigid foams under laboratory conditions. The design
meets the requirements of GB/T8333 - 2008 "Test Method for
Combustibility of Rigid Foam Plastics - Vertical Combustion
GB8333- 2008, ASTM D3014 - 04a, ISO3582, UL94, HBF, HF - 1, HF - 2
3. Main Technical Parameters
(1) Chamber dimension: 0.15 m3 (L730 * W280 * H750 mm)
(2) The specification of the fire nozzle: inner diameter (9.5 ±
0.5) mm, cylinder length 115 mm, and vertical direction 15℃.
(3) Flame height: (25 ~ 35) mm height blue flame
(4) Gas: propane or natural gas with purity above 95%
(5) The internal flame temperature was measured to be (960 ± 25)℃
by using K type thermocouple.
(6) Instrument composition: ventilation cabinet, chimney, sample
bracket and control part
(7) Chimney: length 64 mm, width 57 mm, height 305 mm, stainless
steel, inside is 0.025 thick aluminum foil
(8) Sample support: long 191 mm, wide 13 mm made of stainless
steel, with hooks on the back.
(9) Gas flow rate: 0.1 ~ 1 L/min adjustable.
(10) Timer: 0 ~ 99.99s can be set arbitrarily, the accuracy is less
(11) Test scale: minimum scale 1.0 mm
(12) Standard sample specification: long (254 ± 1) mm, width and
thickness are (19 ± 1) mm
(13) Size: L710 * W500 * H1430 mm
(14) Working power supply: AC 220V, 50HZ; Total power is 500W
4. Specimen Requirement
(1) The specimen should be cuboid. The length of the specimen
should be (254 ± 1) mm, and the width and thickness should be (19 ±
1) mm respectively. The samples should be clean and smooth without
(2) The specimen should be cut from a homogeneous material. If the
density of a sample is higher than 5% of the average density of six
samples in each group, the sample is not suitable for this group of
samples, and should be replaced to meet the requirements.
(3) Sample number: 6 samples
(4) State regulation
Before the test, the sample should be regulated for more than 24
hours in the environment of temperature (23 ± 2)℃ and relative
humidity 50% ± 5%.